Pages

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Writing Prompt: A Generation of Idiots


Dear Albert Einstein,

You would be so disappointed with our society today. Unfortunately, what you feared came true: technology has surpassed our human interaction; our world has been filled up with idiots and oblivious people.

There are pictures, attached above, that prove your greatest fear. Instead of interacting with our friends while having coffee, we all stare at our phones and text other people. Instead of playing volleyball or surfing at the beautiful sunny beach, we again stare at our devices to suffice for entertainment. Instead of eating during dinner or interacting while out on a date, we YET AGAIN place all of our attention on our small, little technological robots. 
It is not necessary to have our worlds revolving around every little piece of technology for little things. What has the world come to? 

Day by day at least one individual is loosing him or herself to technology. It is essentially like a vacuum, it sucks up our time, our attention, and now our minds. There is not one time where I don't see someone texting on their phone, not one time I don't hear an excuse for homework that involves technology failing. 

What's even better is that everyday there's always something new.
Today: NEW IPHONE UPDATE!
Tomorrow: IPHONE 6 RELEASE!
Twenty years from now: THE DO EVERYTHING, SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO, ROBOT!

What's the technological world going to come up with next? One never knows. But, they do have their sneaky ways of getting you to buy their new, shiny products just to replace your perfectly, fine old one. How much does one spend on electronics? Studies show that the average family spends at least $100 per month on electronics. That fact is crazy on its own. 


I can not deny that I love technology, I mean I use it basically every single day. But I would hope that I could  survive without technology if I had to. As much as I love my laptop, my cellphone and my TV, those things can not compare with the love I have for my friends and family. I would rather be dependent on the simple things than the electronics at my fingertips. 


I just thought I would share my thoughts with you Mr. Einstein. It is sad to think that you, one of the world's smartest people, feared something and now that something came true. Maybe in future years things will change. However, that change being better or worse is the big question. 


Sincerely,
Lauren

1 comments:

  1. very clever way to address this issue! Creative and reflective! well done.

    ReplyDelete